1. Registration for meAnchormbers of the UZH chemistry department
For UZH clients, "Sample Submission Forms" have to be submitted in electronic form. There are two requisites for this:
- FileMaker Pro (actual version 11 mac or win) must be installed on your computer.
- You must be be a registered client of the MS-service (official university email-address is prefered).
2. Electronic sample submission form
FileMaker Software is used as interface for sample submission
- Start program FileMaker Pro
- Select File --> Remote open
- In Network file path, enter 'fmnet:/184.108.40.206' (VPN has to be used outside the university domain!)
- Select the guest account
- Select New Order
- Select your email address from the list and fill in the required information. Blue-labelled fields are mandatory. Structures and analysis informationhave to be pasted in directly from ChemDraw or IsisDraw
- Select Send Order
- Bring your sample labeled with a sticker and put it in the fridge (Lab Nr 12E70)
3. Guidline for sample submission
- Place sample (~ 0.2-1mg) in a small and labeled sample vial. Purified compounds are preferred. Do not use a plastic vial other than a polypropylene vial (Eppendorf)
- For EI/CI-MS analysis, the melting or boiling point must be given.
- For ESI-and Maldi-MS analysis, the solubility of the sample has to be mentioned because it is crucial for successful analyses.
- Samples in solution will only be measured by arrangement.
- HPLC- and GC-MS experiments are possible but not routine. Please contact email@example.com. Thank you.
4. Sample Submission external clients
Mass spectra are automatically sent as pdf-files via email immediately after analysis and processing!