Together with SBIC, ICBIC-19 offers Student Travel Grants for participation at ICBIC-19. Applications from undergraduates, graduate students and postdocs are accepted. SBIC membership is mandatory, but can be also obtained together with the registration to ICBIC-19. The ICBIC-19 organizing committee will award the grants based on the submitted abstract and the scientific quality of the applicant. The recipients will be notified by email.
- We plan to award 50 SBIC student travel grants at US$ 500 each
- The ICBIC-19 organizing committee will select the awardees
- The award sum will be paid by SBIC directly, after participation at ICBIC-19
- Applicants must be an undergraduate, PhD, or postdoc student at the time of ICBIC-19
- Recipients must present a poster or talk at ICBIC-19
- Applicants must have registered and submitted an abstract by March 31, 2019.
- The registration fee must be paid by April 15, 2019, the latest.
- Applicants must be SBIC members to be eligible for the grant. Membership registration concomitant with application is allowed
- CV of applicant including educational history, list of publications, and contact information (email address and mailing address)
- Signed letter (on letterhead) from research advisor / principle investigator confirming undergraduate, PhD, or postdoc status
- The submission deadline for Student Travel Grants is March 31, 2019; all applicants will be notified of the evaluation outcome latest by April 30, 2019.
- Submit application materials by email attachment (in a single pdf document named lastname-firstname_STA.pdf, e.g. werner-alfred_STA.pdf) to the ICBIC-19 organizing committee.